Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default damp patches on the inner wall of my outhouse...

On 26/01/2020 18:54, RayL12 wrote:

While the outhouse has a cavity all around 4 walls(?) it is fairly
useless as a vapour barrier if the vapour has nowhere to go other than
to travel through the cement and block into a dryer space.

Is it a cavity or just cement blocks with two internal holes?

https://tinyurl.com/vr9tcmc

If its blocks with two holes through the middle there is little
(nothing?) you can do to get air to circulate in the cavity, plus the
there is a direct bridge between the two sides. My guess the wall is
single block wide with wood cladding, perhaps with a waterproof membrane
beneath the cladding.