Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Where does paint all go?

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 06:58:53 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

Leaving the ground fallow and growing grass for a couple of years
and then using grazing animals for maintenance during this time may be
beneficial for the country.

But it may not, if grazing animals (even if also for milk or meat
production) takes up say 20x the land in the first place and produce
loads more methane (than say a combine harvester produces CO2).

True, and it's the land (put into) use that really hits with dairy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46654042

Thanks for that Rob, I was wondering if there was such info available
the other night (but forgot to look for it). ;-)

Also ... "The research found meat and other animal products were
responsible for most food-related greenhouse gas emissions, despite
providing only a fifth of the calories consumed."

The Mrs and I are currently experimenting with Veganism [1] and the
Mrs is especially fine with that as I do most of the cooking and she
has no issue with anything I produce, if it's 'meat / fish substitute'
or otherwise. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] We are using up all our non Vegan food as / when and looking for
vegan equivalents when out shopping. Apparently Holland & Barret (we
have one locally) stock an egg substitute that can be used to make
scrambled egg. A fairly regular lunch was two poached eggs on toast
but yesterday I did us mixed beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. ;-)