Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default What does this picture of a roof show?

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 13:52:51 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Note: No caulking outside will hold up for 13 years. With an
important thing like a roof, get that caulking checked and
repaired once a year or two.

A roof done properly does not rely on caulking to begin with.

Right, if a house roof is done correctly it should last for 20 or more
years without doing anything unless damaged by hail or very high winds
or something falling on it.

Some of the campers and such seem to need recoating with a sealent,
however I have no experence with them, just what I have been told by a
few friends that have them.

Doesnt matter what you do with a "camper" or trailer - particularly
if it is towed - the roof WILL leak if it is not religeously
maintained. Caulking, recoating, even a few exorcisms might help -- -
-
Any wood framed RV of any description has a limited lifespan - they
are SO shoddily built it is pretty much criminal.