Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Where does paint all go?

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 12:54:58 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 25/01/2020 09:52, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:39:48 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

I think most of the collection points are at schools and the kids are
told that the packets will be recycled.

Do you have proof that they aren't then?

It keeps them happy.

As does the money they earn for the school for doing so.

But you knew that didn't you?

Maybe enough to pay for three new pencils for the school then?

Guessing again Adam?

So, say there are ~1000 kids in a secondary school and they produce
500 crisp packets a day (plus what they might each bring in from home
/ elsewhere), I'm sure they would soon have the minimum quantity of
5kg.

"5 kilograms = 1000 TerraCycle® points"
"8 kilograms = 1,600 TerraCycle® points"

"1 TerraCycle® point is worth 1 penny."

So 8kg would yield them 1600 pennies or £16.

You can get a box of ~96 2B pencils off Amazon for £15.98 (free next
day delivery with Prime).

And irrespective of what they actually get, it's pretty well all win.

The kids win when they eat the crisps (that they were going to do
anyway, unhealthy or otherwise), we all benefit if the packets don't
get burnt, go into landfill or blow around the countryside, Walkers
win some PR and recoup some of the recycling costs when they sell the
products they make from said recycled plastics and the schools /
charities win with they get a bit of cashback.

What's to dislike?

Cheers, T i m