Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Name that connector

wrote:

Hi All,

I am wanting to connect some thickish flex (think 1.5mm 3 core flex with
all 3 cores stripped back an inch and twisted together) to my cars
battery.

Well, connect them better anyway.

I am thinking of a terminal that's like a washer at one end (that I can
connect to the bolts On the existing battery terminals), and perhaps chock
block type connectors at the other end that I can attach the flex to.

Do such connectors exist (and if so, what term should I google?).

Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

TIA

Chris

There is a standard insulated crimp connector, available in Halfords or
other car accessory shops, that will do this. The right crimp size is a
blue one; but if the largest hole available (there is a choice) in the
washer part is too small you can use a yellow one and solder rather than
crimp it. Perhaps take the insulation off and drill a hole in the side
to pass the flex free ends through if you want mechanically sound
soldering.

--

Roger Hayter