Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Name that connector

Lee wrote:
On 24/01/2020 21:20, wrote:
Hi All,

I am wanting to connect some thickish flex (think 1.5mm 3 core flex with

all 3 cores stripped back an inch and twisted together) to my cars battery.

Well, connect them better anyway.

I am thinking of a terminal thats like a washer at one end (that I

can connect to the bolts On the existing battery terminals), and perhaps
chock block type connectors at the other end that I can attach the flex
to.

Do such connectors exist (and if so, what term should I google?).

Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

TIA

Chris

Don't forget that you should also fit a fuse, as close as practical to
the battery. There is an inline fuse style that is similar to the
terminal that Tim linked to. Again primarily intended for high wattage
audio use and expensive, admittedly, but they accept thick cables and do
the job.
Halfords carry them, at the expected price premium.

One of the best suppliers for this sort of thing (high current fuses,
etc.) is beal.org.uk, much more reasonable prices than Halfords et al.

For the original requirement I'd go for a crimped connector with a
'ring' or 'spade' to fit the screw you want to connect to. Beal carry
all that sort of thing plus crimp tools at no too silly prices.
--
Chris Green
ยท