Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Where does paint all go?

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 11:04:51 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On 24/01/2020 14:30, alan_m wrote:
On 24/01/2020 13:40, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 12:21:17 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

How can they claim no added sugars when one of their products is
labelled unsweetened?

You aren't very bright are you?

"* contains naturally occurring sugars"

So why the label unsweetened on one carton and not the other two?
Naturally occurring sugar added to two products and not the other?

You do seem* to be lacking some knowledge about how food labelling
works. Call sugar something else and add a label saying no added sugar.

They could describe a bag of sugar as "no added sugar" if they wanted to.

Quite. ;-)

I think he's getting confused between 'Unsweetened' / 'No added
sugar(s)' and 'Sugar free'.

I think he is saying that the Alpro Oat original contains 'natural
sugars' :

"Our Oat drink is a great source of plant fibre and contains no added
sugars*. One taste and you’ll know, our oats are oatstanding! GOOD FOR
YOU**

* contains naturally occurring sugars

Naturally Lactose Free
100% plant-based
Vegetarian
Naturally low in fat
Naturally low in saturated fat
Without added sugars or sweeteners.
Rich in Fibre
A source of calcium. Contains vitamins B2, B12 and D."

.... and the Alpro Oat Unsweetened:

"It’s rich in fibre and calcium, with no sugars and absolutely no
sweeteners.

Naturally Lactose Free
100% plant-based
Vegetarian
Naturally low in fat
Naturally low in saturated fat
Sugar free
Without added sugars or sweeteners.
Rich in Fibre
A source of calcium. Contains vitamins B2, B12 and D.
Source of calcium and vitamins D and B12. Vitamin B12 contributes
to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue."

https://www.alpro.com/uk/products/dr.../oat-original/

So I'm guessing he wonders why it's not called 'Sugar free' ... ?

The problem with that is some people then assume it has artificial
sweeteners when it doesn't (either).

Cheers, T i m