Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ambient 7 Day Forecaster

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 15:40:47 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/ambient...caster-review/

The review web site says this uses a "proprietary long-range terrestrial
wireless network". Probably a pager transmitter or FM subcarrier. If I knew
the frequency, I could go hunting for local interference. Anyone have any
ideas?

Please post the FCC ID number from the serial number sticker and I'll
see what I can find out about the receiver section. I couldn't find
anything on the device due to the lack of a model number and FCC-ID
number:
https://fccid.io

If it updates slowly, my guess(tm) is that your unit is experiencing a
high data error rate. There's probably an ECC (error correcting code)
involved somewhere, that takes a few duplicate transmissions to decode
and correct the data.

Hmmm... http://map.myambient.com is suppose to produce a coverage
map for the weather service. Instead, it produces a text page
suggesting you call Ambient Support.

For troubleshooting, see:
http://myambient.com/productDetail/XDayForecasterSupportPage/serialPrefix/140/
Check the signal strength indicator in the upper right corner of the
screen. Zero or 1 bar isn't good enough.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D