Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_13_] Graham.[_13_] is offline

Default Aldi DIY this week

polygonum_on_google Wrote in message:
On Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:10:13 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
Why does everyone send up The Sound of music by writing alternative lyrics.
I always recall a song that we used to sing, though the lyrics are long
forgotten, but.
The hills have arrived with a pound of moose meat....
Brian

For a very simple reason - as soon as I read the words "Table Vice" my brain put them to the tune of Edelweiss.

Curiously, I find there is a disconnect between that song and SoM. I heard the song numerous times back in the 60s (probably on the radio and TV) but hadn't seen the film until many years later. And when I did eventually see it, I was almost surprised that the song was in it.

The film was in many ways better than I had expected, though not really my taste.

The clip-clop rythym in Doris Day's "Secret Love" always seems to
take me by surprise. How can we get away with this in a cowboy
movie.
--
__
%Profound_observation%