Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default swapping electric hotplate hob for induction

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 20:01:59 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 11:28:32 +0000, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

Can't see an easy way to remove this hotplate and replace it with an
induction hob.
Can anyone please give me advice on taking out the hob with minimal
damage to surroundings?

https://i.postimg.cc/9Mc0Zdqf/cooker.jpg

RTFM and make sure you can meet the clearance and ventilation
requirements of your hob. Mine is a cheap "Viesta" brand and is
installed above a cutlery drawer. It requires a 3mm gap between the
bottom of the counter and the top of the drawer front, that was easy
because the fronts have screwdriver adjusters for height, however the
chipboard carcase partially baffles the airflow and the kitchen fitter
did not feel it was important enough to cut away. I will have to take
my multitool to it myself because as I predicted the hob occasionally
goes into its induction coil overheat shutdown error mode which clears
if I open the door slightly.

Here's a couple of photos that may illustrate what I mean.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4B9HrUWGuCgjCUhT6

It appears that some induction hobs don't use this front exhaust
scheme, and their intake and exhaust requirements are met from below.

Thanks for yet more detailed and important considerations.
If I hadn't started this thread I would still be thinking that
choosing and fitting an induction hob was a fairly simple matter.
--

Mike