Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default damp patches on the inner wall of my outhouse...

On 23/01/2020 17:25, alan_m wrote:

My guess is that the developer hasn't installed a sufficient waterproof
layer under the brick paving, or has installed a layer that is not
robust enough for the intended traffic (the weight of a couple of parked
cars) and the layer has failed and/or the roof doesn't slope
sufficiently for the water to drain to a common point. Every time it
rains you could have a large pool of water under your brick paving that
is probably seeping through any cracks in any waterproof layer and
making the plywood outhouse roof and block walls wet.

Off the wall suggestion

https://www.bes.co.uk/testing-equipm...ain/drain-dyes

Get some water trace dye, mix with water and with a watering can soak
your parking space surface, especially the cracks between the bricks.
Perhaps at first just water the bit of the parking space above where the
damp is mostly located. Wait a while and see if you can detect the dye
inside on the ply roof or on the walls. Choose a colour that will show
up against a dark mould.

If you avoid watering the metal gully (shown in the front of the second
photo) you can check other possible drainage points such as the cutter
in the road, the outside of your structure etc.