Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default DAB reception

In article , Andrew Andrew97d-
scribeth thus
In article ,
Scott wrote:
It's not great, is it? I remember when it was first introduced with
'CD quality sound' and bitrate of 192 kbps. Listening to it now, it
sounds like medium wave without the fade or the static.

Comments like that just shows you've no real experience of either.

You live in London though where DAB is fine while FM can be a
problem because of illegal transmitters, buildings etc.

Many parts of the country have better FM reception than DAB.

This does for a part seem to be the way of it. I was taking to someone
the other day knows his stuff with audio and hi-fi they are near Saffron
Walden in Essex theres a 1.5 kW ERP station only five miles away to get
DAB to work in most rooms, old brick house, they have to have the
aerials fully up and in the windows.

Course car radio up and down most motorways fine for the greater part
out in the sticks?. Not so good..

--
Tony Sayer