Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Sprinkler System - Two stations come on at the same time

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:12:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 2:29:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just had the problem that zones 1 and 5 were going off together. I replaced the controller - same problem. Hunter suggested cleaning out valve / diaphragm - I did, but again same problem. Someone along the way described how a nicked wire made their system go berserk. I replaced the entire wire between the controller and valves. Voila and done !!!😀😀😀😀😀

But I have the same problem. If I turn on valve in the manifold box, #2 still comes on when #3 runs. So it's not the controller. DId this ever get solved?

IDK, if what you're saying is that when you manually turn on the valve
for zone 3 then zone 2 comes on at the same time, sounds very strange.
What happens when you manually turn on 2? Only thing left I can see
would be that something is wrong with zone valve for 3, so that when
the pressure drops with zone 2 coming on, it triggers it to go on.
Does it only trigger when #3 is on, but not when #1 is on?