Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default DAB reception

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 11:17:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Scott wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 10:58:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Scott wrote:
It's not great, is it? I remember when it was first introduced with
'CD quality sound' and bitrate of 192 kbps. Listening to it now, it
sounds like medium wave without the fade or the static.

Comments like that just shows you've no real experience of either.

If you say so.

Could be you're simply deaf. And can't hear anything above 4.5 kHz.

I can assure you that upper-frequency cutoff is the least of my
concerns. Have you actually listened to any of the many stations now
broadcasting 80 kbps mono? On a scale with medium wave at one end and
CD at the other, DAB in my assessment lies to the left of the scale. I
accept that audio is subjective and you may believe that DAB sounds
like CD quality.