Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default swapping electric hotplate hob for induction

On 23/01/2020 16:24, Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/01/2020 11:28, Mike Halmarack wrote:

Can't see an easy way to remove this hotplate and replace it with an
induction hob.
Can anyone please give me advice on taking out the hob with minimal
damage to surroundings?

https://i.postimg.cc/9Mc0Zdqf/cooker.jpg

You may just be able to prise the existing hob out by sliding a blade
under the edges.Â* I don;t think the Neff hob I removed was held in.Â* The
Bosh induction hob I bought as a replacement has a configuration option
to set the maximum current itm could draw. I was very pleased that it
just fitted in the same size hold in the worktop.

No-one seems to have mentioned the fact that the size of cut-out
required varies from hob to hob.

If the existing cut-out is too small you can enlarge it. But if it's too
big - or in the wrong place relative to where the hob needs to go - you
may have a problem.
--
Cheers,
Roger