Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default swapping electric hotplate hob for induction

On 23/01/2020 16:11, wrote:
On 23/01/2020 15:51, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

Our Neff came set up limited to 13A. But there is a magic sequence of
button presses to crank the limit up to 20A with a hard-wired circuit.
It has a "b" setting for any ring that will shove all 20A through that
ring. Your pan will boil toot sweet.

I've always been a gas-hob user, and rarely use more than one ring at
a time, but that may have to change to electric ... upcoming decision
on whether to go with bulk LPG tank for boiler which would also allow
gas hob, or go full electric with heatpump and induction hob, I
suppose bottled gas for hob-only would be do-able.

I always preferred gas hobs until I had to switch to induction; I would
not go back to gas.

I grew up with gas cookers, but for the last 35 years have used electric
hobs latterly induction ones. I now find gas hobs alarming as well as
being awkward to keep clean.

--
Michael Chare