Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default swapping electric hotplate hob for induction

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Andrew May wrote:

Induction can take a whole lot more current than a standard hob.

They seem to vary from 13A plug-in, to 16A hard-wired to 32A hard-wired,
I've heard lots of people raving about how good induction hobs are, has
anyone got any stories about the lower powered ones being ... um ...
underpowered?

Our new house (new to us) has an Aga. It also has a fitted oven, but no hob,
for use in a hot summer when you might not want the Aga on.

So we bought a portable one-ring induction hob from IKEA. It's rated at 2
kW. It heats a pan of water very quickly: a lot faster than a standard
kettle for the same amount of water.