Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default swapping electric hotplate hob for induction

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 13:00:09 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

On 23/01/2020 11:28, Mike Halmarack wrote:

Can't see an easy way to remove this hotplate and replace it with an
induction hob.
Can anyone please give me advice on taking out the hob with minimal
damage to surroundings?

https://i.postimg.cc/9Mc0Zdqf/cooker.jpg

Besides the 'mechanical' side, check the electrical side. Our induction
hob required a dedicated spur (30A from memory) which the company who
did the kitchen took care of. (We also needed another one for a 2nd
oven, the existing spur being used for the 1st oven.)

Induction hobs are great by the way. When we were planning the kitchen
change, I wanted a gas hob but Senior Management wanted Induction. I'm
pleased I relented ;-)

Big help thanks.
--

Mike