Default Can we use water based finish on oil based finish for maintenance coats?

Flecto makes flooring finish and this is presumed what you meant. I
find that oil based finishes tend to amber the wood at application
with further ambering over time. Bonakemi, or a name similar to that,
has been highly touted for floors. WB can be applied over oil based
IF the oil based is fully cured. Scuff sanding is required with any
polyu finish between coats.

On 24 Apr 2004 13:59:38 GMT, emove (CAStinneford)
wrote:

If you are keeping the wood natural and don't want it to yellow, have the
builder put down a water based finish. Any oil based polyurethane is going to
yellow/amber over time. As far as which brand to use, I would highly recommend
Flecto's Varathane. It's expensive but worth it.