Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Joining 1.0, 1.5 and 2.5mm^2 cables

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Fredxx
scribeth thus
In the good old days I would have used junction boxes but now these have
to be 'accessible' I ought to use an alternative.

I have tried crimps in the past and been thoroughly disillusioned with
them. I have found them unreliable and easily pulled apart, even with
ratchet crimping pliers.

Is there an alternative convenient and affordable method recommended
where access is not required.

Your doing something wrong, used thousands over the years not one has
been a problem.

However you do need decent ratchet crimpers, the pliers type ones are
useless!..

I've seen lots and lots of problems with pre-insulated terminals DIY
fitted on cars.

--
*Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeat*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.