Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What Alloy - Bottle Openers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
What alloy "aluminum" are bottle openers made from. There are a
couple styles.

One is quite thick, and just due to its mass it should last atleast
a little while.

The other is pretty thin. No thicker than the typical flat wrench
you receive with a power tool like a router or die grinder. Its
pretty "tough." My son has one he won for something when he was a
little kid. He'll be 26 this year. It still opens bottles just
fine. Its seen some where, and the color coating is pretty much
gone on all the edges, but he opened a beer bottle with it just
yesterday when we were standing around in the kitchen chatting.

What is the most likely alloy for that?
What alloy of mysterium is it made of?

Make one from 6061 and see how it performs.