Posted to uk.d-i-y
cf-leeds cf-leeds is offline

Default Smeg Induction Hob Glass

On Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 10:23:11 AM UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
We recently bought a Bosch induction hob approx. £800. It arrived with the glass smashed, the supplier replaced the hob but surprisingly did not want the other one back. Out of curiosity I looked up the cost of getting a replacement glass from Bosch and the cost was £195 and it simply required 12 screws to fix it in place.

As far as I know there is one supplier that produces the majority of glass tops for manufacturers and I cannot imagine there will be a great variation how these things are attached so if you can get hold of one replacement should be quite straight forward.

Richard

Thanks - good to know. I might ask Smeg directly of they can provide one. Hope they don't send me to an 'authorised' service company.