Salad

Default I think its a water softener system problem

Gary Slusser wrote:

"Alan" wrote

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:11:40 -0400, "Gary Slusser"
wrote:

"Salad" wrote

The water softener system I have is Kinetco.

One day I was taking a shower and my water pressure literally went

dead.

I then checked the faucets throughout the house and most generated a
trickle. Even the lines to feeding water to the toilets were clogged.

The cause of this is that the distributor tube or distributor basket (one
each in each of the resin tanks) has cracked, split or otherwise broken
allowing resin into the plumbing past the softener. If this is what has
happened, you need to stop it and the only way is to take the tanks apart
and inspect the internal parts.

Resin is plastic. Try burning some of the "grit". If it melts/burns it's
resin. Put some in vinegar. If it fizzes or dissolves, it's not resin but
hardness scale. Which would explain the color.

Any chance it is particles from a disintegrating dip tube?

Although I don't recall the situation but yes it could be from a dip tube.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2

Thanks for the replies. I am having the water softener people come out
Modnay and check it out. He said the same thing about the distributor
tube/basket.