Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 20/01/2020 11:09, Pancho wrote:

Would you rather live:

(a) near a nuclear power station that cannot explode, only melt
down inside a safe containment vessel?
(b) near a megaton explosion capable hydrogen store?

Note: a megaton explosion takes out* about 100 sq km absolutely.

Remind me, how many gas wells have exploded with megaton explosions.

Wells only a few. Storage facilities for gas...one or two with
devastating results

No megaton explosions?

we never built enough gas storage to power the whole country through a
winter

Don't know the details but interconnector pipes are oversized and used
as off peak storage. I had the Luton/South Mimms feed run diagonally
through my arable (48" pipe) and the engineers were quite forthcoming.
Compensation was good but I got a dusty response when I asked for a
*storage* premium.

I can see uyou are not interested in facts, just in trolling
Bye

--
Tim Lamb