Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] edu.gimeno.0@gmail.com is offline

Default Help me repair a harvester keypad. (no LED lights)

El lunes, 20 de enero de 2020, 2:16:57 (UTC+1), Jeff Liebermann escribió:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 15:45:11 -0800 (PST), Michael Terrell
wrote:

Maybe it is a TLC5943?
http://www.ti.com/product/TLC5943 16-bit ES-PWM with 7-bit Device Level Brightness Control

Oops. Telephone call and visitor interruption induced dyslexia.
Ummm... thanks.

Continuing from where I fumbled the ball:
http://www.ti.com/product/TLC5943/technicaldocuments
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlc5943.pdf

Start by looking for Vcc of 3 - 5VDC on pin 28. If that's missing,
look for something open in the 12V to 5V(?) power supply section. My
guess(tm) is still a well hidden fuse in this area.

The LED current is controlled by a resistor to ground at IREF pin 27.
Make sure this resistor is the correct value. See Fig 14 (Pg 13) for
resistor value and LED current. Check resistor with an ohmmeter (with
the power disconnected from the device).

Please verify that all 18 LED's are connected to a common power wire
and that it has VCC on this common power wire. See VLED on Pg 1
"Typical Application Circuit".

The LED brightness is set digitally by the controller. Check for data
and the correct levels on all the pins labeled "I" (input) on Pg 8.
Verify that XTEST ping is either pulled high or grounded (but not open
or floating).

Yes Sorry, there was a typo in the LED driver part number. It was TLC.
There are no components in the LED side hidden by the black plastic neither discrete nor active. Just traces
I will definitely check those values tonight, thanks a lot!