Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news19k@moo.uklinux.net is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:

I can see phrases such as net-zero being bandied
around, with claims that planting squillions of trees offsets all the
natural gas and petrol/diesel being used.

Until someone suggests chopping them down and burning them as biomass,
will be greener than importing biomass from the other side of the planet.

https://physicsworld.com/a/biomass-e...reen-or-dirty/

Btw as regards the remark of Andy Burns, the article contains this sentence:

"You might think that the greenhouse-gas emissions associated
with transporting the pellets over such a vast distance must
be huge, but I'm told they make up a surprisingly small proportion
of the supply chain emissions. As long as wood fuels are
transported by ship, the distance doesn't matter too much,
says Scott Bentsen."

#Paul