Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default OP-AMP Long-Term Reliability

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 14:12:19 -0800, John Robertson
wrote:

Many solid state devices from that era are still running. Physical
damage (moisture working in via the leads) is one primary cause of
failure. If the leads look good then chances are fairly good the device
will work.

No sign of corrosion at all on the leads.

I use lots of 30 to 40+ year old components all the time for servicing
our classic arcade games. Most are perfectly good. Other than
electrolytic capacitors.

So do I. The question wasn't about NOS components, but components that
have been in service for decades.

--

No deal? No problem! :-D