Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Lowes blows

On 1/18/20 12:15 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 17 Jan 2020 21:15:48 -0600, philo
wrote:

On 1/17/20 9:03 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:58:16 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/17/2020 5:06 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

On two occasions I ordered home deliver from Lowes.

Once for a Stove and once for a clothes drier.

I never had to leave my house and they were here within the window of
time they gave me.

Very happy.

BTW: I always buy the cheap stuff without the expensive electronic controls.

All that stuff is BS

Glad you had good results. In the last 5 or so years I bought a range,
dryer and washing machine all at different times.

The range delivery was confirmed on a telephone call two times a week
apart and they failed. Finally got it on the third time.

Dryer was about 2 hours late.

Washing machine was delayed 3 times and I finally went to a store in the
next town and picked it up myslef.

I had some carpet and wood flooring installed on two differnet times and
that went very well.

Guess that if you buy any appliance , you better be able to take it with
you from the stores around the middle of North Carolina.

I bought appliances from a real appliance dealer and got equal or better
price and much better service.

About a year ago bought a patio table and six chairs. Nothing but
aggravation with delivery. It was on a truck and could not find the
street even though they had directions. Ended up after many calls five
days late.
I buy appliances from appliance dealers and lumber from lumber-yards,
and hardware from hardware stores. I also buy groceries from grocery
stores.

Sadly the lumber yards and hardware stores are getting scarce

I am so lucky that I live very close to a lumber yard.

For years I'd go there and pick up large loads.

One day I got sick of it and said...OK, how much for delivery?

My orders were about double the size to qualify for free delivery!

Back before 9/11 when one could ship internationally on any carrier, I
loaded up my convertible with about 19 boxes, some big, some medium,
book boxes were small, going 3 feet higher than I was, and drove on back
roads to the airport, hoping no cop would complain, and that I wouldn't
have to stop suddenly. When I got there, got my own pallette. While
paying for the shipping, I found out they would have picked it up for
$10. Wasn't even my money.

WOW