Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Joining 1.0, 1.5 and 2.5mm^2 cables

On 18/01/2020 12:36:37, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In the good old days I would have used junction boxes but now these have
to be 'accessible' I ought to use an alternative.

I would ask how often you need to access that junction box for maintenance
etc. Mine are all accessible in terms of the regs, and my answer is never.

There is that, especially as I intend to screw any floorboards back into
place.

But, by the time carpet is placed on top, while it may be deemed
accessible it really is going to be join and forget.