Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Joining 1.0, 1.5 and 2.5mm^2 cables

Andrew wrote:
On 17/01/2020 16:15, Fredxx wrote:
In the good old days I would have used junction boxes but now these
have to be 'accessible' I ought to use an alternative.

I have tried crimps in the past and been thoroughly disillusioned with
them. I have found them unreliable and easily pulled apart, even with
ratchet crimping pliers.

Is there an alternative convenient and affordable method recommended
where access is not required.

Correctly made crimp joints with a decent ratchet crimper should
not pull apart. Something else is wrong with your technique or
equiopment.

In Oz I believe they solder all joints and use heat shrinkable
sleeving.Â* Can anyone confirm this ?.

No to soldering normally but yes to heat shrink sometimes.

Wago connectors and similar seem to be the favourite way these
days.