Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default 3 prong outlet, which way is up?

On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 1:59:09 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 1/14/20 8:19 PM, wrote:
gfre.. wrote:

You could always go with one of these

https://hubbellcdn.com/prodimage515/...DIMAGE_515.jpg

I think what Mark Lloyd saw was that quad installed with 'HUBBELL' level on top..!

What I saw (and wish I got a picture of) was a vertically-installed
DUPLEX receptacle. The wallplate was straight up and down, but the
receptacles themselves were at an angle. The same angle with the ground
pin at about 30 degrees CCW of down.

Possibly this had something to do with cords having the cord connected
at an angle.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I'm a born-again atheist." [Gore Vidal]

I can't prove it, but it seems to me most heavier gauge cords are coiled
up in a way and have the cords attached to the appliance such that
plugging it in with the ground at the bottom comes more naturally.
Next time I see a cord still as shipped, I'll check. Obviously if
it's coiled up one and attached one way vs the other, it makes it
more natural for the cord to get plugged in one way or the other,
because it lays better one way.