Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default diy signwriting

In article ,
TimW wrote:
My beautiful Victorian ornamental garden gate is nearly ready to go out
the front of the Victorian Terrace. I had a thought that it would be
great to paint the house name onto the gate rail in fine Victorian
capitals. I doubt that I have the eye-hand artistry to do this well
enough freehand, so is there a way to cheat a bit. If For instance I
find the font and print it out how would I transfer that to the gate so
that I can paint it with a fine brush? Or is there a way of making
sticky templates from a pdf?

Can you not find brass etc letters in the correct size/font? And paint
those? Alternately, water jet cut sheet metal is surprisingly cheap these
days.

--
*Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.