Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default diy signwriting

On Wednesday, 15 January 2020 15:53:24 UTC, TimW wrote:
My beautiful Victorian ornamental garden gate is nearly ready to go out
the front of the Victorian Terrace. I had a thought that it would be
great to paint the house name onto the gate rail in fine Victorian
capitals. I doubt that I have the eye-hand artistry to do this well
enough freehand, so is there a way to cheat a bit. If For instance I
find the font and print it out how would I transfer that to the gate so
that I can paint it with a fine brush? Or is there a way of making
sticky templates from a pdf?

TW

I did it by printing what I wanted on paper and then traced it heavily onto the wood with a biro, which indented it enough to paint.

Jonathan