Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default The end of Windows 7

On 15/01/2020 22:58, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 16:19:12 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 15/01/2020 14:37, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:31:42 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:01:19 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

snip

I just clicked on the 'DownLoad Windows 10 Now' on the Microsoft site
and chose 'Update this PC now' and left it to do its business for a
couple of hours.

Recently?

I used that page and downloaded ISO images last week.

I did it a couple of hours ago...

Still not done it myself (only the original in-situ upgrade and the
manual / fresh one) hence why I was checking the way I believe you
described a while back was still working.

That said, whilst we have several W7 installs here, I can't think of
one I'd want to try / do it on (because the users are happy as they
are and I don't want *any* aggravation because of something that might
not work or is now done even slightly differently. ;-(

Clone the working one onto a spare driver first, then you have an easy
way back :-)

--
Cheers,

John.