Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The end of Windows 7

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 21:02:00 +0000, mm0fmf wrote:

On 15/01/2020 20:35, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 20:28:14 +0000, AJH wrote:

On 15/01/2020 13:42, Tim Lamb wrote:
Apart from Turnpike, most of my stuff is either open source or
related to the printer.

Worth giving linux mint a spin then

You can clone your current machines W7 and run it as a virtual
machine if you want to keep an archive, just don't go online with it
(although I
do with my old XP as I keep an old email client which I use to backup
my gmail account)

I have just this moment shut down my Windows 7 desktop for the last
time.

Windows 10 installation begins once the new disks are installed in 10
minutes' time.

You'll probably notice quite an improvement in disk and graphics
performance over W7 if you stay with the same kind of disk technology

I don't use it often enough to notice. It's there because I work with
various other people, mainly volunteering on various things (food bank,
guest lectures, Barefoot Computing).