Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glass cleaner that actually works?

On 14/01/2020 16:44, alan_m wrote:

Screen wash additives also seem to vary quite a bit. BMW seem to make
(sell) one of the best ones.

Often the problem is with machine car washes where the windscreen is
sprayed with wax as part of the final process.Â* Screen wash additives
tend to work better once this wax is removed from the glass.

I go out of my way to avoid waxes - they make a dreadful mess of the
glass (possibly because mine was treated with one of those products at
sales time that is uspposed to keep them cleaner???)

There's a car wash at Tonbridge where Prog 1 doesn't have any wax, or I
do it myself if I can be bothered