Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Glass cleaner that actually works?

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Is there any available?

Nothing made for cars shifts the traffic film properly without a ton of
elbow grease at the dry-cloth stage (which would probably do just as well
without the useless glass cleaner spray in the first place).

I had a hell of a problem with the film that ends up on the
inside of the glass of the car. Nothing would shift it. A mate
suggested a commercial product and that works very well
indeed. Not cheap tho. But I dont get traffic film on mine
so I can't see if it works for traffic film as well.

And standard well know household sprays are not shifting oil and sticker
residue from my kitchen windows.

How do you get sticker residue on your kitchen windows ?

Maybe you mean stickier residue.

Does anyone still sell spray with ammonia in?

Easy enough to do that yourself. Use ammonia that
comes in bottles in those manual spray bottles.

Or at least a solvent that actually dissolves stuff?

Acetone does, but its very dangerous for plastics.

I wouldnt use it on car windows.