Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuses - again

In article ,
Scott wrote:
If that extension lead is of sufficient gauge to blow a 13 amp fuse in
event of a fault, there is no reason not to fit a smaller fuse if you
want.

I thought your reasoning was that if you overloaded the fuse it might
keep working but get very hot and damage the plug (though I thought
they were packed with sand to prevent that happening). .

Not me. I leave that sort of thinking to others. ;-)

--
*I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.