Posted to rec.woodworking

Default [OT] "Houston, we have a problem."

On 1/11/2020 11:34 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My police friends have told me that they will use things as simple as clear
plexiglass over a license plate as a reason to pull someone over if they
suspect something is amiss. Technically, the plate is "obstructed", so no
one can later claim that they were being harassed or profiled.

I'm a fan of Live PD and see that all the time. License plate light,
turn signal and next is a drug bust.

In the new recently a car was pulled over for window tint and found a
million dollar in weed. Crooks can be incredibly stupid.

I used to have a van with clear plexi over the personalized plates. I got
pulled over for speeding (67 in a 55) but after the officer realized
what a nice guy I am he decided to lessen the charge.

Nice guy indicators: My plates say DERBYDAD and I was taking my 9 YO
daughter and a couple of her friends to their basketball tournament,
all dressed in their uniforms.

He went back to his car, came back a few minutes later and said "When I
pulled you over I called it in, so I can't just let you go. I'm giving you
a ticket for an obstructed licence plate. $15, you can mail it in. Keep it under 65, OK?" Then he looked into the back of the van and said "Good luck,
girls." :-)

One of the best stories I've heard, a woman complained a car was
speeding down her street every day at the same time. She called police
to complain and they set up to stop him.

Police stopped him and said "I've been waiting for you" and the driver
replied, "I got here as fast as I could". Got a warning and problem
solved.