Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuses - again

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 22:35:54 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

I have four very short (6") cables with a 13A socket on one end and an
unfused 5A plug on the other.

I had at least one of those in my University of Essex study bedroom, as
they didn't provide 13 amp sockets.

Worse were the study bedrooms in Darwin College at Kent. They had a 2.5A
circuit breaker for the whole room, but located in the room. This wa
sbecause the wiring was installed at a time of high copper prices, as I
recall.