Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default number plates

On 13/01/2020 11:02, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

was just reading the requirement for MOT test...no mention of post code
or who made them to be on plates ????

I find that I am disproportionately annoyed by plates with
strange fonts or illegally spaced . Does the MOT check
compliance, or do transgressors simply keep a spare pair?

Chris

I agree about strange fonts, but have no problem with changed spacing.
If anything, it often makes it read in a way that is far more memorable
and so much easier to report in the event of a hit and run, dangerous
driving, etc.

SteveW