Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Fuses - again

In article ,
wrote:
On Monday, 13 January 2020 11:22:19 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The best advice would be to junk any extension lead which isn't protected
by a 13 amp fuse.

How can an extension lead (in the UK) not have a fused plug?

13A fused.

Actually, I have an extension lead, semi-permanently installed with a 2A
fuse. It was fitted to run a set of Christmas tree lights and used a
comparatively small cable to make it less obtrustive. If anyone was
foolish enought to plug a big load into it, the fuse would blow. Fuse
protecting tehncable.

John

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England