Bri Gipson

Default Kenmore Refrigerator Water Filter Light Forever Green

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:24:24 GMT, jim wrote:

i got a whirlpool side by side with the same light thing, stays green
and when it turns yellow and then red you change the filter and reset
the light by quickly pushing the plug in about four or five times...
this resets the light.... do you have any kids that play with the light
plug(all they have to do is push it in a few times every now and then
and it will never turn red or yellow)....

Sounds exactly like what I have. The kids are all little (4 years old
and under) and can't reach the plug/button and none of us open and
close the refrigerator door 5 times within a minute... the kids aren't
even allowed to open the fridge doors.

How long did it take for your light to turn from green to yellow and
from yellow to red?

Perhaps that button is stuck or something. I'll check it later today.

Thanks,
Bri