Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Why have we allowed the mains cabling to be used to send signals and crap on?

"Adrian" wrote in message
In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)"
writes
Whish reminds me on a local golf course the patrons were complaining of
poor
mobile signals, so they have this artificial tree that houses mobile
aerials. I do despair sometimes.

Indeed.

Why do you need a phone signal when you're playing golf ?

So that you can call an ambulance if someone has
a medical problem or even when someone trys to
call you to tell you that your house is on fire etc.

Some of us even get real radical and have house
alarm systems that call you if there is a problem
so you can see whats happening and get the cops
to show up and frog march the druggy off to the
cop shop etc.