Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Sing as DIY entertainment?

In article ,
nightjar wrote:
On 12/01/2020 15:37, Mike Halmarack wrote:
If I want to sing songs like " My old man said follow the van" or " If you were the only girl in the world" at the pub, instead of feeding the jukebox with pound coins, who would I have to pay for the privilege?

Both are more than 100 years old, so out of copyright. The pub landlord
might have a view on whether or not you were welcome to sing in the pub
though.

Copyright exists until 75 years after the death of the author/composer, not
the absolute age of the song.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England