Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Sing as DIY entertainment?

On Sunday, 12 January 2020 16:30:15 UTC, nightjar wrote:
On 12/01/2020 15:37, Mike Halmarack wrote:
If I want to sing songs like " My old man said follow the van" or " If you were the only girl in the world" at the pub, instead of feeding the jukebox with pound coins, who would I have to pay for the privilege?

Both are more than 100 years old, so out of copyright. The pub landlord
might have a view on whether or not you were welcome to sing in the pub
though.

"In the UK, copyright in the musical work and the literary work (if relevant) will last for the life of the creator, plus 70 years. If the work was created jointly, it will last for 70 years after the death of the last surviving creator."

100 years might, or might not be old enough. Further, if the arrangement is newer...