Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Router Table

On Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 10:03:34 AM UTC-5, Tom Crist wrote:
On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 3:50:20 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
Planning to build a router table to replace my current one, which is too
big. I have a Rockler router top which will be used, so basically, I'm
building a base. I'm avoiding the Rockler stand because I want drawers
and dust collection case around the router. Seeking suggestions on
builds (pictures also, if available) but nothing too complicated. I
don't need a luxury style, just more practical.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Funny, I just finished a router table that has been on the to do list for a long time. I can't see how to post pictures here so I'll do my best to describe it.

Mine is a Kreg top and lift with a Rockler fence. I bought a kitchen base cabinet from the Habitat For Humanity Restore Store for $25, reinforced it, attached casters and mounted the top. If I need to prevent the table from moving, I can slip scraps of 4X4 under each corner. The cabinet has three drawers, the top one is notched to fit around the box containing the router and feeding the dust collector. The top drawer has wrenched for the router and lift and a holder for bits. The table was made to fit under my table saw outfeed for storage with the fence being stored on brackets on the side of the table.

I haven't even tried it out yet so I can't say what works and what I should have done differently. Good luck with your project!

Tom

This is a text only group, so instead of posting pictures, you need to
post links. I use Imgur, but there are other free image-hosting sites
available. Just make sure that you choose one that doesn't make your
audience register before they can view your images. That's not likely
to happen.

Just as an example, here's a link to one of my projects, a small kitchen
island for my daughter's apartment.

https://i.imgur.com/J44gEhl.jpg