Posted to rec.woodworking
knuttle knuttle is offline

Default Router Table Small Tools

On 1/11/2020 3:28 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 1/10/2020 4:59 PM, knuttle wrote:
On 1/10/2020 3:54 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 1/10/2020 3:50 PM, Hawk wrote:

I have my workbench and table saw on wheels.Â*Â* I can use the workbench
as an out feed for the table saw, as a layout table when working on
the saw, or have the workbench and table saw arranged for minimum
movement when I am cutting many pieces.Â*Â* I can do the same thing with
my router table. However mine is not on a bench and when I am doing
intensive router work have it clamped to the table saw, with the
workbench in the most convenient positions.

Yeah. My router table and miter saw are on roll-arounds (pretty much
mandatory in a small shop like mine) and all are the same height. The
miter saw can be removed by just pulling out two pegs so everything is
interchangeable. In theory my Robland X31 is on wheels or at least it
has their "mobility" accessories but, at something close to a half-ton,
it isn't something I do more than once or twice a year.

John McGaw:
How do you handle your small tools like grinder, vice, etc?

I have mine mounted on 2X 8 and when I need them I pull them off the
shelf, put them on the work bench and clamp them down.

This method works well for every thing except my bench drill press,
small band saw, and my new bench belt sander.

How do you handle these mid size items. like the Drill press?