Philip Lewis

Default How to get a nice vertical line when painting two walls different colors

(Jeff Ishaq) wrote:
Is there a trick to getting a nice straight vertical line that
transitions from one color to the other in this situation? Someone
suggested to me 'gum arabic', but I haven't the slightest idea what it
is, or what I might do with it.

one trick I've heard to get a good tape line:
paint first color and let dry
apply tape and paint over the tape with the first color
this will create a spanning file to help seal the tape to the wall,
and any seepage will be in the color you have under the tape
anyway....
now paint your second color and remove tape.

good luck!

--
be safe.
flip