Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default LED outdoor low voltage lights as beacons?

Its not the height but the sphere size and illumination which is the key
here.

I can easily mount them any old place if they have a stem, after all, you
just make up or buy a clamp or screw through the middle of the tube. The
point is that they need to run from a supply not the daft dark sensor solar
ones, as the idea is to switch them on remotely from a cab. It will aid me
getting to my house when its dark, since the cab can see the light come on,
and hence I don't have to try to locate my place.

I also have had another idea. I used one of those tile things that work via
bluetooth today, and although these work well, they are not very loud. What
I need is either a tile with a bigger speaker or maybe one fixed at the
bottom of a horn or something so you can hear it better.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

I wonder is there any off the shelf led units that are not crappily made

Depends, there are bollard-sized ones, do you mean something in between
that and the six inch tall ones on spikes?